Dugmectin Oral Paste for Horses
Each syringe contains Ivermectin 1.87% as active ingredient and an pleasant flavouring for enhanced palatability which greatly assists administration.
Dugmectin targets large stronglyes, small stronglyes, lung worms, pin worms, ascarids, hairworms, large-mouth stomach worms, neck thread worms, intestinal thread worms and stomach bots.
Dugmectin is safe enough that it can be used in horses, foals and donkeys of all ages, including mares at any stage of pregnancy. Stallions may be treated without adversely affecting their fertility.
Will treat a horse up to 700Kg
Ecomectin 18.7 mg/g Oral Paste for Horses. Ivermectin.
STATEMENT OF THE ACTIVE SUBSTANCE AND OTHER INGREDIENTS: 18.7 mg/g ivermectin.
INDICATIONS: Treatment of nematode or arthropod infection due to:
- Large strongyles: Strongylus vulgaris (adults and L4 stage larvae [arterial]). Strongylus edentatus (adults and L4 stage larvae [tissue]). Strongylus equinus (adults).
- Small strongyles (including benzimidazole resistant strains): Cyathostomum spp. (adults and luminal L4 stage larvae). Cylicocyclus spp. (adults and luminal L4 stage larvae). Cylicodontophorus spp. (adults and luminal L4 stage larvae). Cylicostephanus spp. (adults and luminal L4 stage larvae). Gyalocephalus spp. (adults and luminal L4 stage larvae).
- Ascarids: Parascaris equorum (luminal L5 larvae and adults).
- Pinworms: Oxyuris equi (L4 stage larvae and adults).
- Neck threadworms: Onchocerca spp. (microfilariae).
- Stomach bots: Gasterophilus spp. (oral and gastric stages).
CONTRAINDICATIONS: Do not use in mares producing milk for human consumption. Do not use in horses with known hypersensivity to the active substance. Do not use in dogs or cats as severe adverse reactions may occur.
ADVERSE REACTIONS: None known.
TARGET SPECIES: Horses.
DOSAGE FOR EACH SPECIES, ROUTES AND METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION:
Dosage: One syringe division of paste per 100 kg body weight (based on a recommended dosage of 200 microgram ivermectin per kg body weight). The total contents of a syringe (seven divisions) will dose one 700 kg horse.
Administration: The paste is given by oral route.
ADVICE ON CORRECT ADMINISTRATION: The weight of the horse should be accurately determined for the correct use of the paste. The animal’s mouth should be free from food to ensure swallowing. Turn the screw gauge on the syringe plunger to the body weight of the horse. The tip of the syringe barrel should be inserted at the interdental space (the gap between the front and back teeth) and the paste deposited on the base of the tongue. Advance the plunger as far as it will go, depositing the medication on the base of the tongue. Immediately elevate the horse’s head for a few DHPIR003-0 seconds to ensure swallowing.
WITHDRAWAL PERIOD: Meat and offal: 34 days. Do not use in mares producing milk for human consumption.
Veterinary Medicinal Product authorised for use in UK and IE.
Packaging quantity: 7.49 g Legal Category: LM Licensed Merchant.
Marketing Authorisation No: VPA 10859/014/001